Sunday, February 2, 2014

Why is there a waterfall in my house?

4:30AM Wake up feeling sick to my stomach...walk to the bathroom...hear a waterfall.  Wait.  Why is there a waterfall in my house? Am I still dreaming? Turn light on and listen closely...yup, I hear rushing water.  I shouldn't hear rushing water.  Run downstairs to find a burst pipe.  This really puts a damper on the first night waking up in my own house again after the honeymoon.  Quickly wake up the man of the house and he turns off the water to the whole house.  We don't have a shut off valve for separate parts of the house...so now we are without water for most of the weekend.

Oh its a joy being a homeowner...it is one of those things that is a major blessing but is so easy to complain about at the same time.  At least only the downstairs bathroom flooded a little.

5:30AM Laying back in bed trying to go back to sleep, after all, it is Saturday.  Holding my man's hand, neither of us wants to let go, frustrated with the way our amazing week is coming to an end.  Worried about the cost of getting this fixed.  The man can fix a lot, but its winter, we don't have any tools yet, and it would probably take him a week to do just because he's never done the type of work that needs to be done.

Prayer.  Saying a prayer for wisdom on the right plumber to call.  Saying a prayer for peace, knowing that God has our back.  He's lookin' out and we need to trust that.  I'm so thankful that I have a man who knows what he is doing when it comes to being a handyman and who knows when the job is just too big for him.  Although I loved the indoor heated pool inside our hotel room on the honeymoon, I'm glad I didn't wake up to an indoor pool on the first floor.

The adventures of being a homeowner...

No comments:

Post a Comment